SubjectRe: Gigabit Intel NIC? - Intel Gigabit Ethernet Pro/1000T
> I know, jumping in at this late-stage is bad form... but if we're talking
> about the Intel 82543GC Gigabit MAC, why doesn't someone just use the
> FreeBSD if_wx.c driver as a starting point?

Intel have released a BSD like licensed gig-E driver for Linux. It needs a
serious cleanup but the hardware interface is very very clean so that is a
doable job. There are some patent related licensing issues but the discussion
on resolving that and getting them into the kernel does look promising