    SubjectRe: 3com Driver and the 3XP Processor

    Kip Macy writes:
    > The acenic is definitely a kick-ass card. One's natural
    > inclination is to assume that an interface is obscured because
    > it is second rate.

    No, that's not my take. My personal view is that 3com thinks that
    allowing anyone to program the card like that was the biggest mistake
    Alteon made with the Acenic.

    Heh, "heavy intellectual property", it's a friggin' cpu that can
    access the cards onboard memory and registers. Sounds like just
    another Acenic with a new PCI front-end to me. If they are referring
    to their IPSEC microcode when they say this, we don't care about that
    just show us how to program the chip and we'll write our own :-)

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.100 / U:0.248 seconds]