    SubjectGoing beyond 256 PCI buses
    <Forgive if this is a dub... but the message I composed yesterday didn't
    appear to be posted>

    Anyway, Hi All,

    I was wondering if there are any other folks out there like me who
    have the 256 PCI bus limit looking at them straight in the face? If so,
    it'd be nice to collaborate and come up with a more general solution
    that would hopefully work towards the greater good.

    I live in ppc64 land which is a new arch that the linux kernel has
    been ported to. The boxes we run on tend to be big.

    The box that I'm wrestling with, has a setup where each PHB has an
    additional id, then each PHB can have up to 256 buses. So when you are
    talking to a device, the scheme is phbid, bus, dev etc etc. Pretty easy
    really.

    I am getting for putting something like this into the kernel at large,
    it would probably be best to have a CONFIG_GREATER_THAN_256_BUSES or
    some such.

    Anyways, thoughts? opinions?

    --
    Hakuna Matata,