    SubjectRe: USB mouse wheel breakage was Re: Linux 2.4.5-ac5
    USB mouse wheel has been broke since 2.4.5-ac4 (when new USB HID,
    hid-core.c, was integrated). The mouse in general seems jerky, and
    specifically the input device does not receive events for consecutive
    wheel movements -- just the first "spin," until the mouse is moved
    again.

    obviously the bug is in the new hid-core.c, but I confirmed this by
    compiling with that part of the ac6 patch removed. I have since been
    trying to write a patch but I can not fix the problem, so I am reporting
    it to you.

    I and another user thought the problem was in hid_input_field, but upon
    looking I now think not.

    My mouse is fairly unusable in X, and unfortunately I can not figure out
    a fix.

    --
    Robert M. Love
    rml@ufl.edu