SubjectRe: USB mouse wheel breakage was Re: Linux 2.4.5-ac5
USB mouse wheel has been broke since 2.4.5-ac4 (when new USB HID,
hid-core.c, was integrated). The mouse in general seems jerky, and
specifically the input device does not receive events for consecutive
wheel movements -- just the first "spin," until the mouse is moved
again.

obviously the bug is in the new hid-core.c, but I confirmed this by
compiling with that part of the ac6 patch removed. I have since been
trying to write a patch but I can not fix the problem, so I am reporting
it to you.

I and another user thought the problem was in hid_input_field, but upon
looking I now think not.

My mouse is fairly unusable in X, and unfortunately I can not figure out
a fix.

--
Robert M. Love
rml@ufl.edu