SubjectRe: [patch] 2.4.4: mmap() fails for certain legal requests

Alan Cox writes:
> And just how is he going to test it ? Considering he was just
> asking if the concept was reasonable I think you are a little out
> of order

I can't test every platform when I have to make such changes.
But it always serves to show the port maintainer "what" the
change was.

Yes, I am slightly out of order if the intent is just "does
this idea look fine" (which it does btw, I can't find any
problems with it).

I apologize to Maciej, but I do deplore him to actually do the
final bits for the other ports when he makes his final patch
submission.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com