SubjectRe: REVISED: Experimentation with Athlon and fast_page_copy
On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 03:51:13PM +1200, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> I don't see how they figure, but in case there was any doubt I
> have a VIA KT133A/686B board (Abit KT7A) and don't experience
> anything resembling disk corruption unless the box crashes for
> some other reason. I do seem to be experiencing AGP problems in
> spades, but my disks at least are fine.
>
> I too seem no disk problems whatsoever (nothing really interesting
> there, many people do not) but am also seeing AGP problems.
>
> In fact, I had to disable AGP to stop X locking the box hard... yet
> agpgart and the video driver (NVidia[1]) both claim to support the
> chipset -- does anyone actually have this working?)

Not an option with the Radeon unfortunately. At least, not yet. Whenever
I find the solution (recently a bunch of people have suggested a bunch of
things to try on dri-devel - thanks guys!) I'll post to that list what
fixed it since I know I am not the only person seeing this kind of
problem. I think some of the guys are looking into improving the docs a
bit, so maybe if I find it soon the problem and workaround will get
documented. =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> Free software developer

<hop> kb: I demand integrity and honesty in those who i do business with
<hop> i know my demands are unreasonable, but a guy can dream, can't he?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.141 / U:0.052 seconds]