    SubjectRe: Maximum files per Directory
    Chris Mason wrote:
    > > Is there a reason that
    > > reiserfs chose to have "large number of directories" represented by "1"
    > > and not "LINK_MAX+1"?
    > find and a few others consider a link count of 1 to mean there is no link
    > count tracking being done.

    Indeed, and thank you for getting this right!

    Btw, is it possible to add dirent->d_type information to reiserfs, and
    would there be any performance gain in doing so?

    I have code to add d_type for every other filesystem that can support it
    without additional disk reads, but I couldn't figure out whether
    reiserfs can do it or whether stat() following readdir() is cheap anyway.

    -- Jamie (who has written a find-like program)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.019 / U:99.960 seconds]