SubjectRe: Maximum files per Directory
Chris Mason wrote:
> > Is there a reason that
> > reiserfs chose to have "large number of directories" represented by "1"
> > and not "LINK_MAX+1"?
> find and a few others consider a link count of 1 to mean there is no link
> count tracking being done.

Indeed, and thank you for getting this right!

Btw, is it possible to add dirent->d_type information to reiserfs, and
would there be any performance gain in doing so?

I have code to add d_type for every other filesystem that can support it
without additional disk reads, but I couldn't figure out whether
reiserfs can do it or whether stat() following readdir() is cheap anyway.

-- Jamie (who has written a find-like program)