SubjectRe: unsigned long ioremap()?
David Woodhouse wrote:
> said:
> > The problem I see is that with the former solution nothing prevents
> > from to do:
> > regs->reg2 = 13;
> > That's indeed the reason to change ioremap prototype for 2.5.
> An alternative is to add an fixed offset to the cookie before returning it,
> and subtract it again in {read,write}[bwl].

You understand that in this way you change a compile time warning in a
runtime error (conditioned to path reaching, not easy to interpret,

IMO this is a far less effective debugging strategy.

Abramo Bagnara

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023
Via Emilia Interna, 140
48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy