    SubjectRe: 2.4.4 Kernel - ASUS CUV4X-DLS Question
    I have some info at "http://web.irridia.com/linux/" from an LPr having
    issues, including the dmidecode output and a mostly complete boot-time
    dmesg dump from an LPr and LP1000r. The LPr was running 2.4.2-pre4 and
    the LP1000r is running 2.4.5-pre1, both without "noapic". Please let me
    know if you need more info.

    BTW, I have an isolated bank of redundant machines, one of which I can
    load down with heavy live load so I can test patches pretty easily.
    I'll do anything, including setting fire to a machine, if it'll help. :-)
    --
    Ken.

    On Thursday, May 3, 2001, at 03:23 PM, Alan Cox wrote:

    >> But the distributions use _the_ kernel. Even if -ac is fixed, it's not
    >> really something I would be willing to put in production. Until I
    >> found
    >
    > Actually by unit count Linus is currently losing to me on 2.4 shipping.
    > Thats one reason I really want to get the stuff I have back into the
    > main
    > tree.
    >
    >> the noapic work-around, we were basically going to have to move off of
    >> Linux. I could very well be an isolated case, but the APIC issues I'm
    >> seeing scare me, and not just for my sake.
    >
    > Can you give me the detailed boot up messages from one of your HP boxes
    > and
    > some more info. Also can you run dmidecode.c from
    > ftp://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/alan
    >
    > on them and send me the DMI strings. You will need to run it as root but
    > it can be run on a live system (at least I dont know of any bugs in it
    > and
    > it only reads from raw BIOS memory not writes).
    >
    > Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.023 / U:1.236 seconds]