    SubjectRe: unsigned long ioremap()?
    I apologize for ccing this to people not on the kernel list too, but i
    hope the more expert heads, the better ...

    Can i do a

    if (softirq_active(cpu) & softirq_mask(cpu))
    {
    do_softirq();
    }

    at the end of smp_apic_timer_interrupt ? i mean

    smp_apic_timer_interrupt ()
    {
    irq_enter
    All it does normally.
    irq_exit
    if (softirq_active(cpu) & softirq_mask(cpu))
    {
    do_softirq();
    }
    }

    My understanding is that smp_apic_timer_interrupt is very similar to
    do_IRQ but it knows which function to call already,
    and since the do_IRQ does this at the end of its execution, it
    should be ok here too. Am i ok in doing this ? basically the function
    smp_apic_timer_interrupt activates a tasklet, that i would like done here
    at this point, executed as a tasklet itself. If this is not ok, can
    someone suggest something for acheiving this ?

    Thanks for any help!

    CP

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.022 / U:31.820 seconds]