    SubjectRe: 2.4.4 Kernel - ASUS CUV4X-DLS Question
    > I just wanted to throw in my two cents and say that there appear to be
    > widespread issues with the APIC code in 2.4.x. I'm tempted to stick my
    > neck out and say that it might be best to disable SMP IOAPIC by default
    > until APIC can be massaged, at least for a wider variety of hardware.

    I would disagree

    There are five cases I am seeing

    1. Serverworks total APIC hose ups.
    Fix: remove OSB4 or use -ac tree

    2. 440BX and similar boards losing interrupts on some drivers
    Fix: use -ac

    3. APIC errors notably checksum errors.
    Fix: buy properly manufactured hardware

    4. Hangs on boot with the CUV4XD and a couple of other boards.
    Still a mystery

    5. Incorrect PCI IRQ routing
    Fix: Mostly get a board with a correct BIOS. There are a couple of
    cases people are looking at - some are fixed in 2.4.4 and -ac
    where magic IRQ lines are not visible directly in PCI space

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.020 / U:1.680 seconds]