Subjectunsigned long ioremap()?

Since you're not allowed to use direct memory dereferencing on ioremapped
areas, wouldn't it be more logical to let ioremap() return an unsigned long
instead of a void *?

Of course we then have to change readb() and friends to take a long as well,
but at least we'd get compiler warnings when someone tries to do a direct

-- Linus Torvalds