    SubjectRe: serial console problems under 2.4.4/5
    In article <>,
    Narayan Desai <> wrote:
    >Mike> In article <>,
    >Mike> Narayan Desai <> wrote:
    >>> Hi. I have started having serial console problems in the last bunch
    >>> of kernel releases. I have tried various 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 ac kernels
    >>> (up to and including 2.4.5-ac4) and the problem has persisted. The
    >>> problem is basically that serial console doesn't recieve.
    >Mike> The serial driver now pays attention to the CREAD bit. Sysvinit
    >Mike> clears it, so that's where it goes wrong.
    >Mike> I don't think this change should have gone into a 'stable'
    >Mike> kernel version. 2.5.0 would have been fine, not 2.4.4

    Okay it was 2.4.3 when it went in

    >How would I go about resetting this so that serial console worked
    >again? thanks...

    Fix sysvinit. Oh and all getty programs etc - everything that
    mucks around with termios.

    Alternatively revert the change to drivers/char/serial.c

    See also

    Oh *ahem* I just read the entire thread again and I remembered it
    wrong. It's not the CREAD handling perse, it's something else that
    has changed that caused this, but it appears that a solution
    hasn't been found yet. Except for fixing all user-space programs.
    Sysvinit, agetty, busybox etc etc

    Okay so ignore my earlier comments. Sorry.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.022 / U:2.024 seconds]