    SubjectAT keyboard optional on i386?

    I'm trying to run Linux on a broken motherboard that is constantly
    producing random noice on the AT keyboard port. I'm going to use a USB
    keyboard, but I cannot get Linux to ignore the AT keyboard port.

    Is there any way to disable the AT keyboard? I think the best solution
    would be to make it optional, just like almost everything in the kernel,
    e.g. PS/2 mouse. Some embedded i386 systems could save a few kilobytes of
    RAM by disabling the AT keyboard.

    It looks like that other architectures (arm and mips) already have an
    option CONFIG_PC_KEYB exactly for that. However, it's a dependent variable
    - it's set based on the machine type.

    Does anybody have a patch for making AT keyboard optional on i386 or
    should I make it myself?

    Pavel Roskin

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.020 / U:70.584 seconds]