    Subject2.4 freezes on VIA KT133
    Date
    Hi !

    I've yet seen similar freeze reports here in the past, so I decided to post
    my one too.
    The said system is a server, Athlon 850, no overclocking, no overheating,
    100 Mhz FSB, 512 MB brand RAM, Abit KT7A board with VIA KT133.

    The system is heavy loaded in daytime, but almost idle at night. It crashes
    only about three times per month. These freezes
    started to happen after 2.2 -> 2.4 upgrade, that I performed early after the
    2.4.1 revision was released. These crashes are completely untracable for me,
    because there is nothing suspicious in the syslog afterwards. Also the
    system runs ABSOLUTELY perfectly between the crashes - no problems with
    kernel compilations or similar tasks that push the system over stability.

    The crashes occur absolutely unpredictably, sometimes even at night, when
    the system is idle.

    The system runs various network services and dynamic web applications that
    use the MySQL database a lot. The only used filesystem is EXT2. I do not use
    buggy redhat compiler.

    This report is probably not very helpful, but it may be useful for those who
    planned to purchase AMD / VIA solution for a server.
    I am not subscribed to this list, but I will monitor it through a web
    archive and will try to respond, if needed.

    Thanks for your work !
    Tomas Styblo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.043 / U:1.824 seconds]