    SubjectPATCH: "Kernel Insider" (security optimization)
    Hello, i wrote a modification for kernels 2.4.x, actually it can be
    lodaded as a module and its not intrusive. I would love to get you opinions,
    critics, flames about it. Plase CC: me becouse im not in the list. thanx
    The whole package with a intructions is at

    This is the description:
    Its a linux kernel modification, that allows to decide wich uid, pid or
    file can open a tcp socket in listening state.
    The changes to the kernel are really insignificant, only to export 2
    When a program tries to open a port it first makes a md5 checksum
    of the file and compares it with the config list then it compares the user
    id and finally the pid.
    The policy is to "DENY" everything that is not in the allowed list.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.026 / U:21.168 seconds]