SubjectRe: alpha iommu fixes
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 03:19:54AM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> max bytes per bttv: max_gbuffers * max_gbufsize
> 64 * 0x208000 == 133.12MB
>
> 133.12MB * 8 PCI slots == ~1.06 GB
>
> Which is still only half of the total IOMMU space available per
> controller.

and it is the double of the iommu space that I am going to reserve for
pci dynamic mappings on the tsunami (right now it is 128Mbyte... and I'll
change to 512mbyte) also bttv is not doing that a large dma and by
default it only uses 2 buffers in the ring. bttv is not a good example
of what can really overflow the pci virtual address space in real life
(when I mentioned it it was only to point out it still uses
virt_to_bus), filling a pci bus with bttv cards sounds quite silly
anyways ;)

Andrea

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans