SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Re: CML2 design philosophy heads-up
On 21 May 2001 02:11:39 -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On 20 May 2001, Robert M. Love wrote:
>>(on another note, about the coexist issue: am i going to have a python
>>and python2 binary? so now the config tool will find which to use, ala
>>the kgcc mess? great)
>
> For the record, the kgcc "mess" you speak of was used by
> Conectiva, and I believe also by debian before adoption in Red
> Hat Linux. It was about as good a solution as one could get for
> the problem that it solved - the kernel being broken and unable
> to build with our gcc-2.96. Just to head anyone off at the
> pass... the kernel is fixed and now builds properly with
> gcc-2.96.

my view of the mess wasn't the fact RedHat used kgcc. i think that was a
good move.

i mean how in 2.2 the Makefile must search out for gcc, kgcc, gcc-2.95,
gcc-2.91 etc. what is the cml2 parser going to do? search for my python2
binary because my python1 binary is my "standard" python?

--
Robert M. Love
rml@ufl.edu