    SubjectRe: Why side-effects on open(2) are evil. (was Re: [RFD w/info-PATCH]device arguments from lookup)

    > So I guess things have already been a bit messy in this
    > area for many years, even before linux even existed, and
    > in some cases you can't really do anything about it because
    > the behaviour is mandated by the applicable standards, like
    > POSIX, SUS, or whatever.
    > (The blocking of the open on a tty device is explicitly
    > documented in my copy of the X/Open specification.)

    If X/Open documents security hole, then, I guess, X/Open will have to
    be changed.
    I'm "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
    Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.021 / U:44.508 seconds]