    SubjectRe: iso9660 endianness cleanup patch
    "H. Peter Anvin" wrote:

    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I was looking over the iso9660 code, and noticed that it was doing
    > endianness conversion via ad hoc *functions*, not even inlines; nor did
    > it take any advantage of the fact that iso9660 is bi-endian (has "all"
    > data in both bigendian and littleendian format.)
    >
    > The attached patch fixes both. It is against 2.4.4, but from the looks
    > of it it should patch against -ac as well.

    Please beware: There is a can of worms you are openning up here,
    since there are many broken CD producer programms out there, which
    only provide the little endian data and incorrect big endian
    entries. I had some CD's of this form myself. So the endian neutrality
    of the iso9660 is only in the theory present...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.020 / U:0.492 seconds]