SubjectRe: iso9660 endianness cleanup patch
"H. Peter Anvin" wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I was looking over the iso9660 code, and noticed that it was doing
> endianness conversion via ad hoc *functions*, not even inlines; nor did
> it take any advantage of the fact that iso9660 is bi-endian (has "all"
> data in both bigendian and littleendian format.)
> The attached patch fixes both. It is against 2.4.4, but from the looks
> of it it should patch against -ac as well.

Please beware: There is a can of worms you are openning up here,
since there are many broken CD producer programms out there, which
only provide the little endian data and incorrect big endian
entries. I had some CD's of this form myself. So the endian neutrality
of the iso9660 is only in the theory present...