    SubjectRe: CML2 design philosophy heads-up
    > Second, how many kernels does Redhat ship in order to have one for
    > 386/486/586/k6/Athlon . . . .
    > Quite a pain in the ass. And look at how much shit has to be built in
    > in order to get a kernel that works for everybody! People bitch at
    > Microsoft for doing it, then turn around and do the same thing.

    No people bitch at microsoft for precisely the opposite - not including a
    way to build fully optimised setups for each cpu type - not including all the
    stuff that is needed (try a generic win2k install on a vaio one day)

    I think you have your facts backwards

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.020 / U:11.128 seconds]