    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.4-ac10
    On Fri, 18 May 2001, Mike Galbraith wrote:

    > While I'd love to have more control, I can't say I have a clear
    > picture of exactly how I'd like those knobs to look. I always
    > start out trying to get it to seek the right behavior.. :) and
    > end up fighting so many different fires I get lost in the smoke.

    This is the core of why we cannot (IMHO) have a discussion
    of whether a patch introducing new VM tunables can go in:
    there is no clear overview of exactly what would need to be
    tunable and how it would help.

    When you and Ingo have something more specific to talk about,
    I guess we can decide on that; but deciding on something like
    this isn't really possible without at least knowing what should
    be tunable ;)

    regards,

    Rik

    Send all your spam to aardvark@nl.linux.org (spam digging piggy)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.022 / U:125.864 seconds]