    SubjectRe: TCP capture effect :: estimate queue length ?
    On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 11:49:16PM -0400, God wrote:

    > > Packets are dropped when a device queue
    > > fills, and when one sender is much faster than the other the faster sender
    > > often wins the race, while the packets of the slower one get dropped.
    > [.....]
    > Speaking of queues on routers/servers, does such a util exist that would
    > measure (even a rough estimate), what level of congestion (queueing) is
    > happening between point A and B ? I'd be curious how badly congested some
    > things upstream from me are...... I know I can use ping or
    > traceroute ... but they don't report queueing or bursting. Both measure
    > latency and packetloss ... short of stareing at a running ping that is
    > ... <G>

    Pathchar, yet another Van Jacobsen toy does this. Unfortunately the old
    and rotten pre-version you can find in is afaik
    the last one. In the past it served me well you find about how ISPs are
    lying ... 100mbit backbone = fast ethernet in their computer room ...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.022 / U:44.232 seconds]