    SubjectRe: LANANA: To Pending Device Number Registrants
    > This means that we need some analogue to {get,put}_unnamed_dev that
    > manages a range of dynamically allocated majors.
    > Is there such a beast already, or does someone need to write it?
    > What range(s) should be used for block devices?
    > Am I missing something obvious here?

    Obvious question: Do you need your majors to be together in order, or can
    you pick 8 random numbers each boot and expect the user to cope ?

    Equally if they were static numbers do they have to be together or scattered ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.019 / U:6.168 seconds]