SubjectRe: TCP capture effect :: estimate queue length ?

God writes:
> Speaking of queues on routers/servers, does such a util exist that would
> measure (even a rough estimate), what level of congestion (queueing) is
> happening between point A and B ?

Not that I know of, but it is funny you mention this because this is
basically the kind of calculation the TCP Vegas congestion avoidance
scheme attempts to make. At it's core, it is trying to estimate the
size of router queues from local machine to remote machine based upon
"congestion events" (packet drop, etc.).

David S. Miller