    SubjectRe: Not a typewriter
    On Fri, 11 May 2001 Wayne.Brown@altec.com wrote:

    >>Heaven help us when tradition is more important than clarity.
    >>

    >If clarity is the most important consideration, then other things should be
    >changed as well. For instance, the command we use to search for text strings in
    >files should be called "textsearch." That's a lot more clear than "grep."

    gnuregularexpressionparser?

    >why creat doesn't end in an "e;" and so forth. I tell the

    What is the reason for that? Also wondered why it is resolv.conf
    and not resolve.conf or resolver.conf...

    Were they afraid that "e" being the most widely used letter in
    the English language was going to war out thir xpnsiv kyboards if
    thy usd it all th tim?

    ;o)

    >I guess what I'm trying to say is that "Life With Unix" should be required
    >reading for anyone who goes near a Unix (or Linux) system.

    I agree. ;o)