    SubjectRe: page_launder() bug
    On Tue, 8 May 2001, David S. Miller wrote:
    > Marcelo Tosatti writes:
    > > Ok, this patch implements thet thing and also changes ext2+swap+shm
    > > writepage operations (so I could test the thing).
    > >
    > > The performance is better with the patch on my restricted swapping tests.
    > Nice. Now the only bit left is moving the referenced bit
    > checking and/or state into writepage as well. This is still
    > part of the plan right?

    Why the hell would we want this ?

    If the page is referenced, it should be moved back to the
    active list and should never be a candidate for writeout.

    I'm very happy we got rid of the horribly intertwined VM
    code in 2.2 and went to a more separated design in 2.4...

    Send all your spam to (spam digging piggy)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.023 / U:17.728 seconds]