SubjectRe: page_launder() bug
On Tue, 8 May 2001, David S. Miller wrote:
> Marcelo Tosatti writes:
> > Ok, this patch implements thet thing and also changes ext2+swap+shm
> > writepage operations (so I could test the thing).
> >
> > The performance is better with the patch on my restricted swapping tests.
>
> Nice. Now the only bit left is moving the referenced bit
> checking and/or state into writepage as well. This is still
> part of the plan right?

Why the hell would we want this ?

If the page is referenced, it should be moved back to the
active list and should never be a candidate for writeout.

I'm very happy we got rid of the horribly intertwined VM
code in 2.2 and went to a more separated design in 2.4...

regards,

Rik

Send all your spam to aardvark@nl.linux.org (spam digging piggy)