    SubjectRe: [reiserfs-dev] Re: reiserfs, xfs, ext2, ext3

    On Friday, May 11, 2001 04:00:20 AM -0700 Hans Reiser <>

    > Alan Cox wrote:
    >> > Are you referring to Neil Brown's nfs operations patch as being as
    >> > ugly as hell, or something else? Just want to understand what you are
    >> > saying before arguing.....
    >> Andi has sent me some stuff to look at. He listed four implementations
    >> and I've only seen two of them
    > did you see an implementation which adds operations to VFS and is written
    > by Neil Brown (with reiserfs portions by Chris and Nikita)?

    I coded up a mixture of Andi's 2.2.x apis and Neil's 2.4.x stuff and sent
    it out for review a little while ago. It isn't as good as Neil's stuff, but
    it doesn't require changing the other filesystems. If it looked good to
    the NFS guys and the other FS guys don't hate it, I'll push it around for

    This would be my preferred solution right now, since it could also work for

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.021 / U:11.800 seconds]