    SubjectRe: Latest on Athlon Via KT133A chipset solution?
    Just tested the -ac7 with K7 optimizations on.  I see the same behavior of
    oopsing right after boot:

    Freeing unused kernel memory: 216k freed
    Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address

    Just fine when I go back down to k6-3, et al, optimizations.

    Tyan S2380B VIA KT133A, amd 1.33ghz, regular stepping, no OC or anything.

    If you want more info, lemme know.

    Also had some USB weirdness, but I'm going to debug that a bit before I
    report on it.

    Christian Bornträger enlightened recipients with the following on 11May2001:
    > > Give the current -ac a spin and tell me if it works/doesnt and if not how
    > > it fails
    > I will test it on Sunday evening, when I get back access to my Athlon.
    > Again I am not sure if I had the same problem related to the
    > compiler-optimizations. My problems (system freeze) started with 2.4.3-ac7.
    > So the problem might related to the VIA-bug-workaround.
    > Is there a possibility to get debugging messages or register dumps without a
    > second PC? Or is there a possibility to an unbuffered log write? e.g. write
    > kernel logs to a floppy disc unbuffered. Otherwise I am not sure, if I am
    > able to help you finding the problem.
    > Unfortunately I have only a VIA-based Athlon system and not a S/390

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.023 / U:16.760 seconds]