    SubjectRe: reiserfs, xfs, ext2, ext3
    > Are you referring to Neil Brown's nfs operations patch as being as ugly as
    > hell, or something else? Just want to understand what you are saying before
    > arguing.....

    Andi has sent me some stuff to look at. He listed four implementations and I've
    only seen two of them

    > NFS is ugly as hell, and we just try to conform to whatever is the latest trend
    > expected to be accepted since I really don't care so long as it works and
    > doesn't uglify ReiserFS more than necessary. If you have another approach, one
    > that is less ugly, please let us know. This is the first I have heard someone

    Oh believe me we agree in great detail where the -problem- is. Unfortunately
    the spec is kind of stuck. Its finding a minimally invasive solution for 2.4
    pending fixing it properly in 2.5

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.026 / U:30.176 seconds]