SubjectRe: [reiserfs-dev] Re: reiserfs, xfs, ext2, ext3
Date
Hans Reiser writes:

> Tell us what to code for, and so long as it doesn't involve looking
> up files by their 32 bit inode numbers we'll probably be happy to
> code to it. The Neil Brown stuff is already coded for though.

Next time around, when you update the on-disk format, how about
allowing for such a thing?

You could have a tree that maps from inode number to whatever
you need to find a file. This shouldn't affect much more than
file creation and deletion. Maybe it will allow for a more
robust fsck as well, helping to justify the cost.

It would be really nice to be able to find all filenames that
refer to a given inode number.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans