    SubjectRe: [reiserfs-dev] Re: reiserfs, xfs, ext2, ext3
    Date
    Hans Reiser writes:

    > Tell us what to code for, and so long as it doesn't involve looking
    > up files by their 32 bit inode numbers we'll probably be happy to
    > code to it. The Neil Brown stuff is already coded for though.

    Next time around, when you update the on-disk format, how about
    allowing for such a thing?

    You could have a tree that maps from inode number to whatever
    you need to find a file. This shouldn't affect much more than
    file creation and deletion. Maybe it will allow for a more
    robust fsck as well, helping to justify the cost.

    It would be really nice to be able to find all filenames that
    refer to a given inode number.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.019 / U:30.292 seconds]