    Subjectisa_read/write not available on ppc - solution suggestions ??
    To get the pcmcia ibmtr driver (ibmtr/ibmtr_cs) working on ppc, all the
    isa_read/write's have to be changed to regular read/write due to the lack
    of the isa_read/write functions for ppc.

    So, the question is should I simply:

    a) change everything to read/write and friends (the way the driver used to
    be before the isa_read/write function were introduced)
    b) Put ugly macros in the driver to use the different functions depending
    upon architecture.
    c) Implement the isa_read/write functions for ppc ?
    or d) something completely different I haven't thought of.

    Remember, this driver must support isa, pcmcia, mca, ix86 and now ppc.

    Personally I'd rather not have arch dependent macros in the driver, but I
    know there is a good reason why the isa_read/write functions were
    introduced in the first place.

    Suggestions ?

    Linux Token Ring Project

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.019 / U:149.564 seconds]