    SubjectRe: DISCOVERED! Cause of Athlon/VIA KX133 Instability
    >   And that's exactly what I did :)...  I found that ONLY the combination
    > of USE_3DNOW and forcing the athlon mmx stuff in (by doing #if 1 in
    > results in this wackiness. I should alos repeat that I *DO* see that

    I doubt that USE_3DNOW is causing the problem, but rather when you
    USE_3DNOW, the kernel streams through your northbridge at roughly
    twice the bandwidth. if your dram settings are flakey, this could
    eaily trigger a problem.

    this has nothing to do with the very specific disk corruption
    being discussed (which has to do with the ide controller, according
    to the most recent rumors.).

    > The other thing i was gunna try is to dump my chipset registers using
    > WPCREDIT and WPCRSET and compare them with other people on this list

    why resort to silly windows tools, when lspci under Linux does it for you?

    regards, mark hahn.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.018 / U:3.992 seconds]