SubjectRe: DISCOVERED! Cause of Athlon/VIA KX133 Instability
>   And that's exactly what I did :)...  I found that ONLY the combination
> of USE_3DNOW and forcing the athlon mmx stuff in (by doing #if 1 in
> results in this wackiness. I should alos repeat that I *DO* see that

I doubt that USE_3DNOW is causing the problem, but rather when you
USE_3DNOW, the kernel streams through your northbridge at roughly
twice the bandwidth. if your dram settings are flakey, this could
eaily trigger a problem.

this has nothing to do with the very specific disk corruption
being discussed (which has to do with the ide controller, according
to the most recent rumors.).

> The other thing i was gunna try is to dump my chipset registers using
> WPCREDIT and WPCRSET and compare them with other people on this list

why resort to silly windows tools, when lspci under Linux does it for you?

regards, mark hahn.