SubjectRe: CML2 1.3.1, aka "I stick my neck out a mile..."
Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cam.ac.uk>:
> >I tried whitespace, but the default Tkinter font isn't fixed-width. How
> >do you do invisible text?
>
> Text colour = background colour -> invisible

Well, duh. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have occured to the dozen or
so people who suggested this that:

(a) Background color can vary depending on how Tk's X resources are set, and

(b) Tk doesn't give me, AFAIK, any way to query either that background color
or those resources.

Fer cripes' sake. If it were that easy I'd have *done* it already, people!

Anyway my attempts to set a foreground color on an inactive button widget
failed. I don't know why. Tk is full of weird little corners like that.

What I've done is just disabled inactive help buttons without trying to
hack the text or color. That makes them all the same width, though the
legend "Help" does show up in gray on the inacive ones.

"The state calls its own violence `law', but that of the individual `crime'"
-- Max Stirner