SubjectRe: CML2 1.3.1, aka "I stick my neck out a mile..."
Peter Samuelson <>:
> [esr]
> > Besides, right now the configurator has a simple invariant. It will
> > only accept consistent configurations
> So you are saying that the old 'vi .config; make oldconfig' trick is
> officially unsupported? That's too bad, it was quite handy.

Depends on how you define `unsupported'. Make oldconfig will tell you
exactly and unambiguously what was wrong with the configuration. I think
if you're hard-core enough to vi your config, you're hard-core enough to
interpret and act on

This configuration violates the following constraints:
(X86 and SMP==y) implies RTC!=n

without needing some wussy GUI holding your hand :-).

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
-- R. Buckminster Fuller