    SubjectRe: CML2 1.3.1, aka "I stick my neck out a mile..."
    Peter Samuelson <peter@cadcamlab.org>:
    > [esr]
    > > Besides, right now the configurator has a simple invariant. It will
    > > only accept consistent configurations
    >
    > So you are saying that the old 'vi .config; make oldconfig' trick is
    > officially unsupported? That's too bad, it was quite handy.

    Depends on how you define `unsupported'. Make oldconfig will tell you
    exactly and unambiguously what was wrong with the configuration. I think
    if you're hard-core enough to vi your config, you're hard-core enough to
    interpret and act on

    This configuration violates the following constraints:
    (X86 and SMP==y) implies RTC!=n

    without needing some wussy GUI holding your hand :-).

    The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller