    SubjectLinux 2.4.3-ac2

    Intermediate diffs are available from

    (Note that the cmsfs port to 2.4 is a work in progress)

    o Add the VIA C3 to the mtrr/setup code (Dave Jones)
    o Report PAE mode oopses better (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix zap_low_mappings on PAE (Hugh Dickins)
    o Tidy up parport resource handling, fix bug (Tim Waugh)
    o Add series 6 backpack driver support (Tim Waugh)
    o Make lockd use daemonize() (Paul Mundt)
    o Fix aicasm to specify -I flags needed on some (Mads Jørgensen)
    o Add docbook manual on bus independant I/O (Matthew Wilcox)
    | + a few additional notes I added
    o Make the VIA superIO driver honour the (Tim Waugh)
    irq/dma settings passed
    o Update mpt fusion drivers (Steve Ralston)
    o Add reiserfs maintainer entries (Steven Cole)
    o Experimental driver for communcation class USB (Brad Hards)
    | eg Broadcom and Ericsson USB cable modems
    o I2O updates, report SMART errors on i2o_block (Boji Kannanthanam)
    o Fix shm locking, races on swapping, accounting (Stephen Tweedie)
    and swapout of already mapped pages
    o Clean up REPORTING-BUGS (Steven Cole)
    o Fix ACM handling of CLOCAL (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Fix sparc64 module_map/vfree bug (Hugh Dickins)
    o Fix scsi race on requeued requests (Mark Hemment)
    o Tulip driver update (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update bmac and gmac driver (Cort Dougan)
    o Winbond w9966cf webcam parport driver (Jakob Kemi)

    o Merge Linus 2.4.3 final, diff versus 2.4.3 (me)

    o Fix another modules race (me)
    o Add basic PM hooks to agpgart (me)
    o Update new xircom_cb driver (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix missing lock_kernel on truncate path (Al Viro)
    o Update klsi usb ethernet ids (Brad Hards)
    o Fix missing permission check in shm code (Matthew Klahn)
    o Add extra doupdate() calls to menuconfig (Moritz Schulte)
    o Update wireless extensions (Jean Tourrilhes)
    o Fix cdda reading problem (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix potential oops in usb-uhci (David Brownell)

    o Rely on BIOS to setup apic bits on OSB4 (me)
    o Disable events when unloading cardbus yenta (me)
    | Fixes shared irq unload hang
    o Fix x86 IPI replay problems (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Add ALS100 gameport support (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Fix wrong path in comment in vesafb (Andres Salomon)
    o Allow slab caches to force alignment always (Ingo Molnar)
    and thus fix PAE+ slab poisoning
    o Fix problems in faulting raw I/O pages (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Fix rawio error handling for raw I/O (Stephen Tweedie)
    | + other oddments
    o Change default max printer ports to 8 (Tim Waugh)
    o Parport soft control state fixes (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix cpu info compile (Constantine Gavrilov)
    o Set warning levels on reiserfs warn etc (Paul Mundt)
    o Fix duplicate IOVIRT debug config help (Steven Cole)
    o Revert mmap change that broke assumptions (and (Martin Diehl)
    it seems SuS)
    o Clean up fpu emu warnings on gcc 3.0cvs a bit (me)

    o Fix es1370 build bug (me)
    o Fix sbpcd compile warnings (me)
    o Update usbnet driver (Oleg Drokin)
    o Update Alpha to pre8 vm changes (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Fix radeonfb config selections (Chris Lawrence)
    o Fix vmalloc mismerge (Various)
    o Fix n_r3964 console panic (Andrew Morton)
    o Update ibm camera drivers
    o Support 701b toshoboe fir
    o New xircom_cb driver (Arjan van de Ven, Jeff Garzik,
    Don Becker, Doug Ledford)
    o Fix procfs mount point for binfmt_misc (Al Viro)
    o Update hpt366 ide blacklist
    o Further ide blacklist updates
    o Smooth vm balancing (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix irda assert (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Keep contrack cache sizes sane (Ben LaHaise)
    o Fix possible file truncate/write race (Ben LaHaise)
    o Make bootmem panic sanely on out of memory (Ben LaHaise)
    o Fix unload crash in pci_socket (me)
    o Revert previous wrong bootmem change (Ben LaHaise)

    o Handle PCI/ISA simple MP tables via ELCR (John William)
    o Fix get_sb_single (Al Viro)
    o Update es1370, es1371,esssolo (Thomas Sailer,
    Tjeerd Mulder,
    Nathanial Daw)
    o Update orinoco_cs (Jean Tourilhes)
    o Fix races found in the new kbd/console code (Andrew Morton)
    o Remove dead timer.h docs (Tim Wright)
    o Update ppc to new generic mm changes (Paul Mackerras)
    o Clean up mdacon (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Remove duplicate texts (Steven Cole)
    o Fix symbol export for shm_file_open (Keith Owens)
    o First batch of pointer reference bug fixes (Andrew Morton)
    from Stanford report
    o Fix de4x5 oops on Alpha XP1000 (George France)
    o Chipsfb update (Paul Mackerras)
    o Fix higmem block_prepare_write crash (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Bring PAE36 back up to date, handle x86 errata (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix ov511 crash if opened while loading (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Merge Linus 2.4.3pre8
    o Update Advansys scsi driver (Bob Frey)

    o Fix build bug with tsc in ac23 (me)
    o Update contact info for Phil Blundell (Phil Blundell)
    o Update mm locking comments/rss locking (Andrew Morton)
    o Update toshiba SMM driver (Jonathan Buzzard)
    o Update old adaptec driver to 5.2.4 (Doug Ledford)
    o CS46xx updates (Tom Woller)
    o Quieten input layer printks a bit (me)
    o Turn off APIC_DEBUG by default to cut noise down(me)
    o Add Orinoco PCMCIA wireless support (David Gibson)
    o Go back to 2.4.3pre6 tulip (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix double accounting of cpu time bug (Kevin Buhr)
    o Drop ppp patch (me)

    o Fix a nasty shared memory locking bug (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Fix off by one bootmem memory corruptor (Ben LaHaise)
    o Fix avmb1 oops on init (Carsten Paeth)
    o Fix isdn makefile bugs (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Clean up isdn minor checks (Julien Gaulmin)
    o Workaround PPP CCP negotiation bugs (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Fix timer handling bug in ISDN (Henk-Jan Slotboom)
    o Fix i386 #ifdef bug with notsc disable (Anton Blanchard)
    o Fix NMI docs (Keith Owens)
    o Fix oops on out of memory in proc_symlink (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix oops caused by devfs changes to soundcore (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix rmmod crash on sundance alta (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix potential crash in nsc-ircc.c (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix memory leak in i810 audio (Doug Ledford)
    o Fix several compile warnings with gcc 3.0 cvs (J Magallon)
    o Mark 60Hz modes in mac fb modes (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Chkconfig and ver_linux updates (Niels Jensen)
    o Fix ctrlfb dac timing (Takashi Oe)
    o Add vesa powerdown support for ctrlfb (Takashi Oe)
    o Back out problem via bridge change (me)
    o Fix bug in aironet4500_cs changes (Arjan van de Ven)

    o Fix dereference after free in megaraid driver (me)
    o Fix crash if we run out of memory during a link (me)
    follow [found by Stanford tools]
    o Fix crash if we run out of memory during
    block_truncate_page [found by Stanford tools] (me)
    o Update Alpha to pre6 style pte/pmd_alloc (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    o Fix ppp memory corruption (Kevin Buhr)
    | Bizzarely enough a direct re-invention of a 1.2 ppp bug
    o Fix heavy stack usage in tty_foo_devfs() (Jeff Dike)
    o Make alloc_tty_struct always use kmalloc (Andrew Morton)
    o Document task struct locking rules (Andrew Morton)
    o Document SAK properly (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix SAK deadlocks (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix inline/type order for picky compiler tools (Dave Jones)
    o Fix printk levels for various fs printks that (Andrey Panin)
    lacked them
    o Next incarnation of the i810 audio driver (Doug Ledford)
    o Add __init stuff to 3c515 driver (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Add __init stuff to ppp layer (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Remove duplicate NF_TARGET_TCPMSS config text (Steven Cole)
    o Fix missing unlock_kernel in pcwd (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix missing unlock_kernels in es1371 (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix missing unlock_kernels in es1370 (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix missing unlock_kernels in esssolo1 (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix missing unlock kernels in sonicvibes (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix missing unlock kernels in fb mmap (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools
    o Fix missing unlock_super in UFS code (me)
    | Found by Stanford tools

    o Merge with Linus 2.4.3pre6
    o Close last known reiserfs tail bug (Chris Mason)
    o Fix link order bug with iso8859_8 and cp1255 (Dan Aloni)
    o Generate generic CPU namings for 386/486 (Cesar Eduardo Barros)
    o First set of ISDN fixes from Stanford code (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Allow up to 16 parallel ports by default (Tim Waugh)
    o Use long delays on low speed usb hub ports (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Update credits for assorted Australians (Stephen Rothwell)
    o Fix ali_restore_regs thinko (Pavel Roskin)
    o Fix whiteheat usb driver bugs (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix kfree in belkin_sa (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix omninet copy*user bug (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix modular atyfb (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Update joystick and input drivers (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Relax checksum enforcement on ISAPnP CSN (Gunther Mayer)
    o Resync ids/comments with ISDN cvs (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Update Harald Hoyer Credits entry (Harald Hoyer)
    o Fix off by 2* mtrr handling bug (David Wragg)
    o Fix irda hang on boot (Dag Brattli)
    o FB device init updates (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Add it8712 misp eval board support (P. Popov)
    o Update NEC DDB5476 eval board support (Jun Sun)
    o Update NEC DDB5074 eval board support (Ralf Baechle)
    o Add Karsten Merker and Michael Engel to credits (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update Baget port (Vladimir Roganov,
    Gleb Raiko)
    o Add LVM ioctls to sparc64 ioctl32 convertor (Patrick Caulfield)
    o Powerpc updates for openfirmware mm, python etc (Cort Dougan)
    o Add the casio qv digitalcamera to the usb
    unusual devices list (Harald Schreiber)
    o atyfb mode updates for powermac (Olaf Hering)
    o Fix khubd locking (Pete Zaitcev)
    o More on the great aic7xxx libdb game (Nathan Dabney)
    o Further console handling updates (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix i2o build problem when half modular (Michael Mueller)
    o Fix off by one in prink <foo> check (Mitchell Blank Jr)
    o Fix do_swap_page hang (Linus Torvalds)

    o Add support for the GoHubs GO-COM232 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Remove cobalt remnants (Ralf Baechle)
    o First block of mm documentation (Rik van Riel)
    o Replace ancient Zoran driver with new one (Serguei Miridonov,
    Wolfgang Scherr, Rainer Johanni, Dave Perks)
    o Fix Alpha build (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix K7 mtrr breakage (Dave Jones)
    o Fix pcnet32 touching resources before enable (Dave Jones)
    o Merge with Linus 2.4.3pre4

    o Typo fixes (David Weinehall)
    o Merge first block of OHCI non x86 support (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Add Edgeport USB serial support (David Iacovelli,
    Greg Kroah-Hartman)
    o Fix doorlock on scsi removables (Alex Davies)
    o Fix hang when usb storage thread died (me)
    o Change watchdog disable setup (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix bluetooth close and error bugs (Narayan Mohanram)
    o mpt now has an assigned minor (me)
    | Remember to fix your /dev/mptctl if using MPT
    o Clean up 3270 ifdefs/printk a little (me)
    o Fix NBD deadlocks and update it (Steve Whitehouse)
    o Fix sercon printk divide by zero bug (Roger Gammans)
    o Remove cosine support from MIPS tree (Ralf Baechle)
    o bust_spinlocks for Alpha (Jeff Garzik)
    o Hopefully fix the buslogic corruptions (me)
    | This is a 'test if they went away' release not a 'its fixed' one.
    o Some mips makefile fixes (Ralf Baechle)
    | except mips/kernel/Makefile (I got .rej Ralf)
    o ARC firmware interface fixes (Harald Koerfgen)
    o DECstation console drivers (Michael Engel,
    Karsten Merker,
    Harald Koerfgen)
    o Fix ipx build bug (Anton Altaparmakov)
    o Fix ptrace race (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Update include/config.h stuff, ver_linux (Niels Jensen)
    o Add missing pci_enable_device to cs4281 (Marcus Meissner,
    Thomas Woller)
    o Fix non PPC build of clgenfb (Andrew Morton)
    o Update CPU docs (Dave Jones)
    o Add mips atlas/malta reference boards (Carsten Langgaard)
    o Add gt91600 ethernet support (SteveL)
    o Add philips SAA9730 ethernet (Carsten Langgaard)
    o PCnet32 driver fixes (Carsten Langgaard)
    o MIPS fpu emulator (Algorithmics, Ralf Baechle, Kevin Kissell,
    Carsten Langgaard, Harald Koerfgen, Maciej Rozycki)
    o mips network driver updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o Fix FC920 workarounds in i2o (me)
    o Fix i2o_block hang on exit, 0 event race (me)
    o FIx i2o_core thread kill wakeup race (me)
    o Backport 2.2 VIA 686a clock reset workaround (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Further documentation updates (Matthew Wilcox)

    o Debian has another location for db3 (Marc Volovic)
    o Remove duplicated flush_tlb_page export on (Elliot Lee)
    o Fix SB Live! build on SMP Alpha (Elliot Lee)
    o Fix disk corruption on qlogicisp and qlogicpti (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix reporting of >4Gig of swap (Hugh Dickins)
    o Fix sign issues in mpt fusion (Andrew Morton)
    o CMS minidisk file system (read only) (Rick Troth)
    2.4 port (me)
    o Disable nmi watchdog by default (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix elsa_cs eject problems (Klaus Lichtenwalder)
    o Remove duplicate config entries (Steven Cole)
    o Fix further wrong license references (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Add nmi watchdog disable for sysrq (Andrew Morton)
    o Experimental test for serverworks/intel AGP (me)
    o Fix ipx reference counting for routes (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)

    o Make the aic7xxx code handle multiple db3 paths (me)
    o Small further via updates (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o IDE tape updates for Onstream tape drives (Marcel Mol)
    o Remove some bits of module.c that cant get (Keith Owens
    executed Andrew Morton)
    o fixups (Steven Cole)
    o Add Cyrix MTRR data (Dave Jones)
    o Fix a slight bogon in the i386 Makefile (Dave Jones)
    o Kill an escaped modversions.h (Keith Owens)
    o Further controlfb fixes (Takashi Oe)
    o Fix console driver oops in new locking (Andrew Morton)
    o Add 'broken-psr' so you can command line tell (Neale Banks)
    APM your BIOS is crap
    o Fix serial console (Dave Jones)
    o Fix megaraid kernel_version string (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix off by one error in cpia (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix lost dmfe typo fix (Torsten Duwe)
    o Take kernel_lock for i_truncate method in (Al Viro)
    o Fix i2c sign check bug (Andrew Morton)

    o Uniprocessor APIC fixes for misdetect (Mikael Pettersso)
    o Small ymf_pci fixes/updates (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Fix break support on sx serial (Rogier Wolff)
    o Kill another dead entry (Steven Cole)
    o Add bust spinlocks logic to S/390 (Neale Ferguson)
    o Fix ramdisk buffer only page bug (Philipp Rumpf)
    o Mark ips scsi experimental until IBM ship a (Adam Lackorzynski)
    proper 2.4 driver
    o Update lanstreamer to use module_init and more (Mike Sullivan)
    o Switch to the updated irda fixes (Jean Tourrilhes)
    o Vaio kaweth ethernet apparently has its own id (Sven Anders)
    o d_validate clean ups (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Network further fixes from DaveM and co (Dave Miller
    | This might fix the reported masuqerade crashes Alexey Kuznetsov
    Werner Almesberger)
    o Acenic updates (Jes Sorensen)

    o Add CyrixIII specific kernel configuration (me)
    | Note there are CyrixIII problems with some distribution installers
    | because -m686 gcc output will not run on a model 6 cpu with no
    | cmov.
    o Fix aic Makefile for older gnu make (Keith Owens)
    o Assorted i2o updates/partition handling fixes (Boji Kannanthanam)
    o Fix dcache problems with ncpfs (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Update via drivers to 3.22 (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Account for packet bytes on lmc driver (Ernst Lehmann)
    o Atyfb rearrange (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o Fix sedlbauer_cs build bug add elsa_cs (Than Ngo)
    | elsa_cs driver by (Klaus Lichtenwalder)
    o Add support for the Fuji FinePix 1400Zoon (Nate)
    o EISA initialisation changes for 3c59x (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Assorted small net protocol updates (Dave Miller)
    o Fix dvd physical read bug (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix ATM hang on SMP (Mike Westall)
    | more work left to do on atm_ioctl for someone
    o Changed get_addr and friends to atm_get_addr (me)
    o Merge Linus 2.4.3pre3
    o Fix do_BUG for both cases this time (me)
    o Fix prefetch for Athlon build
    o Fix an lvm oops case (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Remove dead entry (Steven Cole)
    o Update reiserfs recommended tool revision (Steven Cole)
    o Kill a few warnings (Keith Owens)

    o Fix the non build problem with do_BUG (Andrew Morton)
    o Fix interface autocreation bug in ipx (Arnaldo Carvalho
    Also fix pprop routing bugs, tctrl handling de Melo)
    Fix wrong comments, fix ipx sysctl handling
    clean up code
    o Updated i810_audio.c (Doug Ledford)
    o Fix up printer status readback (Tim Waugh)
    o Add support for "ide=nodma" on command line (Arjan van de Ven)
    o More spelling fixes (Dag Wieers)
    o Add pci vendor table to lanstreamer (Mike Sullivan)
    o Do extra sanity checks on ext2 mount (Andreas Dilger)
    o Multithreaded core dump handling (Don Dugger)
    | This is fairly experimental so the more eyes
    | the better but it does sort out a very annoying weakness
    o Prefetch on lists for parisc and x86 (Arjan Van de Ven,
    | Work about 4% on scheduler performance on PIII Matthew Wilcox)
    o Natsemi power management changes (Tjeerd Mulder)
    o Fix assorted smb bugs (Urban Widmark)
    o Fix a sisfb build problem (Andrew Morton)

    o Clean up mad16 detection stuff (Pavel Rabel)
    o Fix epca unload (Andrey Panin)
    o Change null apic handling (Maciej Rozycki)
    o aicasm now uses db3 (Sergey Kubushin)
    o Fix aic7xxx cross compile (Cort Dougan)
    o Merge small net driver fixups/config fixes (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update symbios drivers (Gérard Roudier)
    o Rusty has moved (Rusty Russell)
    o 3c509/3c515 compile fixes (Jeff Garzik)
    o Console locking updates - should fix vesafb (Andrew Morton)
    clock problems
    o Merge the serial.c 5.0.5 update (Jeff Garzik,
    Ted Ts'o)
    o Merge SiS framebuffer updates (Can-Ru Yeou)
    o Update ctrlfb (Takashi Oe,
    Michel Lanners)
    o Add epson 640U scanner to the usb scanner list (Patrick Dreker)

    o Move the pci_enable_device for cardbus (David Hinds)
    o Add Sony MSC-U01N to the unusual devices (Marcel Holtmann)
    o Final smc-mca fixups - should now work (James Bottomley)
    o Document kernel string/mem* functions (Matthew Wilcox)
    | and I added a memcpy warning
    o Update VIA IDE driver to 3.21 (Vojtech Pavlik)
    |No UDMA66 on 82c686, fix /proc and udma on
    |686b, fix dma disables
    o Allow sleeping in ctrl-alt-del callbacks (Andrew Morton)
    |Fix i2o, dac960, watchdog, gdth hangs on exit
    o Fix binfmt_misc (and make the proc handling (Al Viro)
    |a filesystem -
    |mount -t binfmt_misc none /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc
    o Update the ACI support for sound/radio stuff (Robert Siemer)
    o Add RDS support to miroRadio (Robert Siemer)
    o Remove serverworks handling. The BIOS is our (me)
    best (and right now only) hope for that chip
    o Tune the vm behavioru a bit more (Mike Galbraith)
    o Update PAS16 documentation (Thomas Molina)
    o Reiserfs tools recommended are now 0d not 0b (Steven Cole)
    o Wan driver small fixes (Jeff Garzik)
    o Net driver fixes for 3c503, 3c509, 3c515, (Jeff Garzik)
    8139too, de4x5, defxx, dgrs, dmfe, eth16i,
    ewrk3, natsemi, ni5010, pci-skeleton, rcpci45,
    sis900, sk_g16, smc-ultra, sundance, tlan,
    via-rhine, winbond-840, yellowfin, wavelan_cs
    o Trim 3K off the aha1542 driver size (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Trim 1K off qlogicfas (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Fix openfirmware/mm boot on ppc (Cort Dougan)
    o Fix topdir handling in Makefile (Keith Owens)
    o Minor fusion driver updates (Steve Ralston)
    o Merge Etrax cris updates (Bjorn Wesen)
    o Clgen fb copyright update (Jeff Garzik)
    o AGP linkage fix (Jeff Garzik)
    o Update visor driver to work with minijam (Arnim Laeuger)
    o Fix a usb devio return code (Dan Streetman)
    o Resync a few other net device changes with the
    submits Jeff sent to Linus (Jeff Garzik)
    o Add missing md export symbol (Mohammad Haque)

    o Fix NLS (David Weinehall)
    o Sort out one escaped revert from the megaraid (me)
    o Resync with Linux 2.4.3pre1
    | Except tulip the network driver changes have
    | been used to replace the existing ones
    o Fix parport case where a reader could get stuck (Tim Waugh)
    o Add ALi15x3 to the list of isa dma hangs (Angelo Di Filippo)
    o Fix nasty bug in IPX routing of netbios frames (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Misc code cleanups (Keith Owens)
    o Updated 3c527 driver (Richard Proctor)
    o Further tulip updates (Jeff Garzik)
    o i810_rng fixes (FIPS test, regions) (Jeff Garzik)
    o Further cs89x0 cleanups (Andrew Morton)
    o Further USB hub updates (Dave Brownell)
    o Mall USB resource cleanup (Jeff Garzik)
    o Resync hp100 changes from Jeff Garzik (Jeff Garzik)
    o PCI documentation update (Tim Waugh)
    o Fix irda crash (Jean Tourrilhes)
    o PPC updates (Cort Dougan)
    o Resync dmfe, hamachi, pci-skeleton and winbond (Jeff Garzik)

    o Add ZF-Logic watchdog driver (Fernando Fuganti)
    o Add devfs support to USB printers (Mark McClelland)
    o Fix baud rate handling on keyspan (Paul Mackerras)
    o USB documentation update (Dave Brownell)
    o Fix disconnect leak (Randy Dunlap)
    o ARM constants/fixes (Russell King)
    o Includes for integrator ARM architecture (Russell King)
    o Update NLS descriptions to be clearer (Pablo Saratxaga)
    o Add iso-8859-13 (latvian/lithuanian) (Pablo Saratxaga)
    iso-8859-4, cp1251 (windows cyrillic), cp1255
    (windows hebrew), and some alises
    o Merge 1.14 Megaraid driver (Venkatesh Ramamurthy)
    o Reapply other fixes this version dropped (me)
    o Reformat and clean up ifdefs in 1.14 Megaraid (me)
    o I/O apic locking fixes (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Print ioapic id to help debugging (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Make the tpqic driver work (Hugh Dickins)
    o USB scanner updates (David Nelson)
    o Fix usbdevfs multimount (Al Viro)
    o Fix wrong calculation of path buffer size (Hugh Dickins)
    o cs89x0 allocated far too much memory (Hugh Dickins)

    o misc device fix (ps/2 and drm are now back) (Tachino Nobuhiro)
    | Believe it or not my main test box used no misc
    | device files..
    o Radeon build without 8bit (Cha Young-Ho)
    o Fix oops in scc driver (Andrew Morton)
    o Add __setup for ISAPnP, update docs (Jaroslav Kysela)
    o Update E820 table sanitizer (Brian Moyle)
    o i810 audio updates/mmap fixes (Doug Ledford)
    o Be paranoid about VIA chipset configurations (Arjan van de Ven)
    | Fixing VIA disk corruption bugs take 2
    o Fix PPC request_irq problems, some fpu emu (Cort Dougan)
    and timers
    o Allow scsi drivers to limit request sizes (Jens Axboe,
    (and fixed by Tim) Tim Waugh)
    o cleanups (Steve Cole)
    o Loop device fix of the day (Jens Axboe)
    o CDROM fixes (Jens Axboe)
    o Reiserfs crash on fsync of dir fix (Alexander Zarochentcev)

    o Fix loop over loop crash (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix radeon build problems (ISHIKAWA Mutsumi)
    o Stop two people claiming the same misc dev id (Philipp Rumpf)
    o capable not suser on sx.c (Rob Radez)
    o Fix an ixj build combination bug (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Add integrator to ARM machines (Russell King)
    o ARM include/constant cleanups (Russell King)
    o Update ARM (Russell King)
    o ARM i2c fixes (Russell King)
    o ARM scsi updates (Russell King)
    o ARM header updates (Russell King)
    o Handle E820 bios returns with overlaps (Brian Moyle)
    o Fix a sparc64 include build bug (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Loop race fix (Jens Axboe)
    o s_maxbytes wasnt set for old style compat (Chris Dukes)
    mounts in reiserfs
    o Fix the fact we dont see all busses on some (Don Dupuis)
    Compaq machines
    o Fix missing watchdog (Jakob Ostergaard)
    o Fix oom deadlock (hopefully) (Rik van Riel)
    o Fix binfmt_aout sign handling bug (Andrew Morton)

    o Fusion driver updates (Steve Ralston)
    o Olympic fix (Andrew Morton)
    o Work around hardware bug in older Rage128 (Gareth Hughes)
    o Handle broken PIV MP tables with a NULL ioapic
    o Use capable in esp serial driver (Rob Radez)
    o Use capable not suser in console (Rob Radez)
    o Small networking fixups (Dave Miller)
    o Fix make menuconfig breakage (Keith Owens)
    o Enable cmpxchg8 on Rise P6 (Dave Jones)
    o Fix wakeup losses on cpu_allowed using tasks (Manfred Spraul)
    o Maestro3 now works with > 256Mb of ram (Zach Brown)
    o Opl3sa2 isapnp=0 handling was wrong (Jérôme Augé)
    | I've fixed it a little differently however
    o Turn off slow kmem chain check if not doing (Ingo Molnar, me)
    slab debugging
    o Fix cpu speed checking code (Mikael Pettersson)
    o Make bus computation more accurate (me)
    o Advantech watchdog driver (Marek Michalkiewicz)
    o dz.c serial clean up (Rob Radez)
    o Fix MSG_TRUNC for OOB TCP (Ingo Molnar)
    o Fix oops on unconfigured loop (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Drop nbd ll_rw_blk change (Linus has spoken ;))
    o pci resource api (Jeff Garzik)
    o Further Natsemi updates (Don Becker,
    Jeff Garzik)
    o Switch aurora serial to capable() (Rob Radez)
    o Radeon frame buffer (Ani Joshi)

    o Remove incorrect modules doc changes (Keith Owens)
    o Fix elf.h defines (Keith Owens)
    o Add 0x2B mtrr decode for intel/cyrix III (me)
    o Make bigmem balancing somewhat saner (Mark Hemment)
    o Update irda (Dag Brattli)
    o New FIR dongle support (Dag Brattli)
    o 3ware driver updates (Adam Radford)
    o Further reiserfs tail conversion fixes (Chris Mason)
    o Fix tpqic02 to use capable (Rob Radez)
    o Set last_rx on comtrol hostess driver (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Raid Oops fix (Neil Brown)
    o Fix last_rx/skb refs on cyc_x25 (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Fix last_rx/skb refs on 3c589 (Arnaldo Carvalho
    de Melo)
    o Highmem fixes for deadlock (Andrea Arcangeli,
    Ingo Molnar)
    o Another minor tulip fix (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix hinote and maybe other ps/aux hangs (me, Mark Clegg)
    o Fix resource handling on 53c7xxx (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix scsi_register failure handling on AMD scsi (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix resource handling on aha1740 (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix resource handling on blz1230 (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix resource handling for dec_esp driver (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix resource handling for fastlane scsi (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix scsi_register failure on qlogic_fas (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix scsi_register failure on qlogicfc (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix irq alloc failure leak on sun3x_esp (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix wd7000 init failures (Rasmus Andersen)
    o Fix nbd device (Steve Whitehouse)
    o Fix try_atomic_semop (Manfred Spraul)
    o Parport fixes (Tim Waugh)
    o Starfire start/stop if fix (Ion Badulescu)
    o Fix raw.c off by one bug (Tigran Aivazian)
    o USB hub kmalloc wrong size corruption fix (Peter Zaitcev)

    o Add Epson 1240U scanners to usb scanner (Joel Becker)
    o Fix eth= compatibility (Andrew Morton)
    | Should fix 3c509 problems for one
    o Add Pnp table to opl3sa2 (Bill Nottingham)
    o Update loop driver fixes (Jens Axboe, Andrea
    Arcangeli, Al Viro)
    o Fix busy loop in usb storage (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Add cardbus support to olympic (Mike Phillips)
    o Make BUG() configurable to save space (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Add configurability to most kernel debugging (various people)
    functions on x86
    o Richard Günther/binfmt_misc page move (Richard Günther)
    o Fix de4x5 crash (Nikita Schmidt)
    o Hopefully fix the smc-mca driver (me)
    o Don't run the disk queue if we didnt launder (Marcelo Tosatti)
    any pages
    o ALi 6 channel audio and sp/dif updates (Matt Wu)
    o Fix USB thread wakeup scheduling (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix alignment problems with uni16_to_x8 (Ivan Kokshaysky)

    o Fix Make xconfig failure (J Magallon)
    o Fix a typo in the ISDN docs (Jim Freeman)
    o Fix the 3ware driver a bit more (Ben LaHaise)
    | should now be usable
    o Update Dave Jones contact info (Dave Jones)
    o Revert wavelan inline->macro change (Jean Tourillhes)
    | CVS gcc and 2.96-74 don't accidentally unline it now
    o Zerocopy TCP/IP patches (Dave Miller,
    Alexey Kuznetsov,
    and many more)
    o Fix up command line options to old ncr driver (Martin Storsjö)
    o NFS locking should call fs layer locking if (Brian Dixon)
    o Fix cs46xx wakeup/poll problem (David Huggins-Daines)
    o Add some missing MTD config help texts (Steven Cole,
    David Woodhouse)
    o Fix Alpha build bug (Sven Koch)
    o Final i386/ptrace bit
    o Finish off the vmalloc/WP fixup (me)
    o Include file config.h fixes (Niels Jensen)
    o More dscc4 updates (Francois Romieu)

    o Add documentation for the fb interfaces (Brad Douglas)
    o Work around apic disable_irq hardware bugs (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Rage128 not "Rage 128" (Brad Douglas)
    o Make ioremap debugging conditional (J Magallon)
    o Merge Ninja pcmcia scsi driver (YOKOTA Hiroshi)
    o Update 8139too docs (Jeff Garzik)
    o Tulip updates, merge bits from 0.92 (Jeff Garzik,
    Don Becker)
    o Epic100 update (Jeff Garzik)
    o Clean up Ariadne driver (Jeff Garzik)
    o Remove dead wavelan prototype (Jeff Garzik)
    o Remove unused arlan variable (Jeff Garzik)
    o Clean up lance public symbols (Jeff Garzik)
    o Switch fmv18x to spinlocks, fix other bits (Jeff Garzik)
    o Clean up acenic global symbols (Jeff Garzik)
    o Fix IDE blocking kmalloc with irqs off (Arjan van de Ven)
    | I've redone the code a bit so it might be wrong again 8)

    o Merge the loop device fixes (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix af_unix SYSCTL=n build failure (Russell King)
    o Adjust the throttling point for write (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix sunhme ioremap (Andrey Panin)
    o Fix disk change handling with removable sd (Alex Davis)
    o Update/fix irq docs (Matthew Wilcox)
    o Update PPC gmac and ncr885e drivers (Cort Dougan)
    | bmac patch dropped as it loses other fixes
    o Kai Petzke has moved (Kai Petzke)
    o Fix starfire driver so pump doesnt kill it (Ion Badulescu)

    o Merge Linus 2.4.2 tree
    | We now have disagreeing ymfpci fixes. I've kept the ones
    | I tested for now.
    o Back out sr.c change (me)
    o Fix moxa smartio driver (Tom Mraz)
    o Hugh Blemings change of address (Hugh Blemings)
    o Allow more i2o config time for slow calls
    o Aty128fb updates (Brad Douglas,
    Benjamin Herrenschmidt,
    Michel Danzer,
    Andreas Hundt)
    o Add "loop" name to the root dev names (Barry Nathan)
    o Further spelling cleanups (Dag Wieers)
    o Remove bogus warning emissions from aha1740 (Nick Holloway)
    o Remove surplus assignment in vmalloc (Francis Galiegue)
    o Remove unneeded ifdef in i386/kernel/irq.c (Francis Galiegue)
    o Add door locking ioctl to ide-floppy (Francis Galiegue)
    o Allow scsi disk opening O_NDELAY for removables (me)
    o Fix cosa compile warnings (me)
    o Clean up dumpable/setuid write ordering (me)
    o Hopefully fix the 3ware crashes (me)

    Alan Cox <>
    Red Hat Kernel Hacker
    & Linux 2.2 Maintainer Brainbench MVP for TCP/IP

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.067 / U:14.888 seconds]