    SubjectRe: X15 alpha release: as fast as TUX but in user space

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Ville Herva wrote:

    > Uhh, perhaps I'm stupid, but why not cache the date field and update
    > the field once a five seconds? Or even once a second?

    perhaps the best way would be to do this updating in the sending code
    itself.

    first there would be a 'current time thread', which updates a global
    shared variable that shows the current time. (ie. no extra system-call is
    needed to access current time.) If the header-sending code detects that
    current time is not equal to the timestamp stored in the header itself,
    then the header is reconstructed. Pretty simple.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.020 / U:32.788 seconds]