SubjectRe: X15 alpha release: as fast as TUX but in user space

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Ville Herva wrote:

> Uhh, perhaps I'm stupid, but why not cache the date field and update
> the field once a five seconds? Or even once a second?

perhaps the best way would be to do this updating in the sending code

first there would be a 'current time thread', which updates a global
shared variable that shows the current time. (ie. no extra system-call is
needed to access current time.) If the header-sending code detects that
current time is not equal to the timestamp stored in the header itself,
then the header is reconstructed. Pretty simple.