SubjectRe: [patch] linux likes to kill bad inodes

On Friday, April 27, 2001 12:28:54 AM +0200 Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz>
wrote:

> Okay, so what about following patch, followed by attempt to debug it?
> [I'd really like to get patch it; killing user's data without good
> reason seems evil to me, and this did quite a lot of damage to my
> $HOME.]

2.4.4-pre8 does have the patch to keep write_inode from syncing a
bad_inode. In the short term this is the best way to go.

For debugging further, it is probably best to put the warning in when
marking the inode dirty, and randomly returning bad_inodes from read_inode.
I'll give this a try next week.

My guess is that UPDATE_ATIME is the offending caller, the follow_link path
in open_namei is at least one place that should trigger it.

-chris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.090 / U:0.468 seconds]