SubjectRe: 2.2.19 Realaudio masq problem
Le 25 Apr 2001 18:12:38 -0500, Whit Blauvelt a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:56:11PM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > Le 25 Apr 2001 14:52:56 -0400, Dave Mielke a écrit :
>
> > > strace writes to standard error, not standard output, by default. Better yet,
> > > though, use the -o option of strace to direct its output to a file, which
> > > leaves the standard output streams alone for the aplication being traced.
>
> Okay, so being unfamiliar with strace, I should be able to invoke something
> like "strace -o log realplay some-realaudio-url"? And this should mean
> something to me?
>
> > I didn't follow this thread at all (just caught this last mail), but I
> > use realplayer8 here, and I actually had to *rmmod* the realaudio
> > masquerading module to make it stream audio from the internet on a
> > masqueraded machine. The server is a debian with kernel 2.2.19, does
> > NAT.
>
> Thanks for reasuring me there's something broken in the module. Xavier, do
> you happen to know what transport mode your realplay is using then? That
> would show under View | Preferences | Transport. And if you hit the
> Autoconfigure button therer, does it succeed? It doesn't for me either with
> or without the module loaded, and it used to with a 2.2.17 kernel plus
> realplay 7 rather than 8.

Well, it says 'Automatically select best transport', and Autoconfigure
doesn't succeed. With or without ip_masq_raudio.

> Of course, the masq module is only to handle udp - if real goes to tcp it
> doesn't need it, so I suspect what Xavier's seeing is it working via tcp -
> but perhaps some servers today refuse to do anything but udp connections?

I confirm it uses TCP for streaming (I just looked with ethereal). The
problem is that when insmoding ip_masq_raudio on the firewall,
realplayer just hangs when buffering - if the server only supported UDP,
I suspect it would negociate TCP or something like that.

Xav

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.030 / U:0.400 seconds]