    SubjectRE: i2o/dpt/adaptec - SmartRAID V?

    On 27-Apr-2001 tc lewis wrote:
    > i saw a few messages in the archive about these, but i'm still unclear on
    > the current situation.
    > according to /proc/pci, i'm working with a:
    > Bus 0, device 9, function 1:
    > I2O: Distributed Processing Technology SmartRAID V Controller (rev 2).
    > IRQ 9.
    > Master Capable. Latency=64. Min Gnt=1.Max Lat=1.
    > Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf8000000 [0xf9ffffff].
    > in the linux-kernel archive there was a recent message from someone noting
    > that the eata driver does not handle this card. it looks like adaptec has
    > drivers for this for use with certain versions of linux 2.2, but not for
    > linux 2.4.
    > are these cards supported at all in linux 2.4?
    > i think someone mentioned there were licensing issues on including this
    > driver in the kernel tree, but it was available via some other means /
    > someone hacked it up from dpt/adaptec for use with 2.4...can i get more
    > info on this? much appreciated.

    The attached file is what I'm currently using and, as far as I can tell, it
    works fine ( on a 2 way SMP PIII server ).
    The driver developer told me that a newer version should be issued
    in a few days to be included in the mainstream code.
    This new version should have code fixes requested by Alan.

    - Davide

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.042 / U:14.568 seconds]