    SubjectRe: Let init know user wants to shutdown
    Hi!

    > > > My thinkpad actually started blinking with some LED when you pressed
    > > > the button. LED went off when you rejected or when sleep was
    > > > completed.
    > >
    > > Does the led start blinking when the system sends an apm suspend? In
    > > that case I don't think you'd notice the brief period between the
    > > REJECT and the following suspend from userspace ;-)
    >
    > Are you sure? A suspend takes about 5-10 seconds on my laptop.

    Ouch? Really?

    What I do is killall apmd, then apm -s and it is more or less
    instant. [Are you using suspend-to-disk? AFAICS my toshiba can not do
    suspend to disk, that's why I'm interested].

    > (It was noticably faster with 2.3 kernels, btw. Now it spends a second
    > or two apparently not noticing the APM event (though the BIOS is making
    > the speaker beep ), then syncing the disk, then maybe another pause, then
    > maybe some more disk activity, then finally shutting down. 2.3 started
    > t he disk activity immediately and didn't pause. Perhaps 2.4.3 mm
    > problems?)

    Take a look what apmd does. I'm killing it before apm -s.
    Pavel

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.021 / U:213.836 seconds]