SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.3 Compile Errors - Power Mac
Date

jeff.galloway@rundog.com said:
> However, I don't think that wishing the world would avoid these
> dominant (and very useful) formats is a realistic expectation. It is
> certainly not "common sense" to assume as such.

Of course it's not a realistic expectation. There are times when it's a pain
to have to be safe - people will always break the rules when they're in a
hurry and the document to be sent is already in an unsafe format. But taking
plain text with absolutely no formatting, in fact text which is
_degenerated_ by word wrapping &c, and gratuitously putting it in a Word
document is just _so_ unnecessary that I assumed it had to be a troll.

> fork.c: In function Œcopy_mm¹:

Given what this output's been through - I'll assume it's corrupted in
transit, shall I?

The kind of error you're seeing is often caused by a mismatch between
compiler and kernel. As Alan suggests, you should make sure you're using a
PPC-specific tree because it's not up to date in the stock 2.4.3. And make
sure you're using the recommended versions of compiler and binutils. Other
than that, I'm afraid I don't know.

--
dwmw2