    SubjectRe: BUG: Global FPU corruption in 2.2
    On 20 Apr 2001, Victor Zandy wrote:

    > No dice. Your program does not fix the problem.
    > If it were a hardware problem, I would expect the problem to occur
    > under 2.4.2 as well as 2.2.*, and I would be surprised that we can
    > consistently produce the behavior across our 64 node cluster. But we
    > are keeping the possibility in mind.
    > Thanks for your suggestions.
    > Vic

    Then, if the FPU is fine, you have just proven that the storage
    where the FPU context is saved, gets overwritten. Further, once the
    initial write occurs, all subsequent fnsave/frestore operations also
    encounter the same spurious write. --OR some continuously-running
    floating-point has sneaked into the kernel.

    Dick Johnson

    obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.020 / U:61.428 seconds]