    > I'll continue asking stupid questions, then.  Like, under this system how
    > can either you or the port maintainers maintain a good representation of
    > how far out of sync they are with the main tree?

    diff and read the output.

    [bizzare sociopolitical mumble deleted]

    > well, though. One is the kind I'm bumping into right now, where
    > somebody legitimately needs to make small (almost trivial) changes
    > scattered all through the tree.

    Yep. But such changes are rare. Or should be.

    > Another is the case where a piece of code that needs to be changed doesn't
    > have an active maintainer for a third party like me to go to.
    > What's the neighborly way to deal with these?

    If I get patches for stuff that doesnt seem to have a maintainer I apply them.
    On the odd occasion a scream is heard in the distance it means I now know
    there is an active maintainer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.021 / U:26.992 seconds]