    SubjectRe: amiga affs support broken in 2.4.x kernels??
    Roman Zippel wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Mark Hounschell wrote:
    >
    > > I'm not a list member so IF you respond to this mail please CC me.
    > > I've been looking at the archives and see some problems with the 2.3.x
    > > kernel versions and affs support.
    >
    > I've put a new version at
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~zippel/affs.010414.tar.gz
    >
    > bye, Roman

    Thanks, I can now mount affs filesystems. However when I try to write
    to it via "cp somefile /amiga/somefile" I get a segmentation fault. If
    I then do a "df -h" it hangs the system very much like the mount command
    did before I installed your tar-ball. Was write support expected from
    it.
    Are you the NEW maintainer of the affs stuff. I very much appreciate
    your
    response and if I can help in any way just let me know. I use affs quite
    a bit here at work in conjunction with UAE and real amigas.

    I also received a response from I guess the original
    maintainer, Hans-Joachim Widmaier <hjw@zvw.de>.
    I quote:

    "?affs is broken since somewhere in 2.3.xx. Alas, I do not have
    the time
    anymore to do anything about it, and my Amiga ran its last
    program, too,
    so I cannot test anymore. Last I know is that several guys
    wanted to
    look after affs in 2.4--at least make it run--, but it seems
    that nothing
    much has been done in that way. :-(

    Sorry for not bearing better news."

    unquote:

    I was very much relieved to from you as I know have HOPE for a
    completely working affs again.

    Thanks

    Mark Hounschell
    markh@compro.net