SubjectRe: CML2 1.1.1, wiuth experimental fast mode
Albert D. Cahalan <>:
> > * Added fast-mode command to suppress side-effect computation
> > on slow machines.
> You could put the computation in a low-priority thread, so that it
> still gets done but doesn't mess up responsiveness.

Yes, I've thought about doing exactly this. It's a huge nasty can of
worms, though, because it would mean that the side effects from
setting a symbol could manifest some unpredictable amount of time
after they were triggered. And what if the user has taken actions
that set variables during that window? What if the side-effects

Clearly, that way lies madness. I think my effort would be better spent
speed-tuning the deduction algorithms so fastmode can go away.

The men and women who founded our country knew, by experience, that there
are times when the free person's answer to oppressive government has to be
delivered with a bullet. Thus, the right to bear arms is not just *a*
freedom; it's the mother of all freedoms. Don't let them disarm you!