    SubjectDocumentation of module parameters.
    I was recently looking for a single location where all the possible
    module parameters for the linux kernel was located.

    I figured I would look at the source first, hoping that each module
    maintaier would clearly document at the beginning of each .c file all of
    the parameters his or her module can accept. Sadly, that's not always
    the case. Some modules are well documented, others are a complete
    mystery. If I was a programmer myself, I might be able to determine from
    the code itself what parameters are possible, but that's not one of my
    talents. Could any and all of you please take the time to document your
    code, and keep the comments up to date when it changes? I think that in
    the source code itself is the best place for such documentation, as you
    have the chance to fix the docs with every patch, and the source is
    always included in each distribution. Then from the source can any
    exterior documentation be gleaned. Those of us who don't speak C would
    really appreciate it.

    Thanks In Advance.

    Chris Kloiber

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:4.060 seconds]