    SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Re: CML2 1.0.0 release announcement
    > Eric did some performance analysis.  If I recall correctly, all but 1
    > or 2 seconds of CML2's runtime is in the parser. He has rewritten the
    > parser once. Maybe someone needs to rewrite it again, maybe propagate
    > some changes into the language spec to make it easier to parse, maybe
    > rewrite from Python to C.

    CML2 seems to have two other problems in my mind. Inability to parse the
    existing config files. Also the draw ordering in the menu based config doesnt
    appear right. Menuconfig has a rather undocumented but very important property
    of doing roughly the right thing with screenreaders. Something to bear in mind
    when fixing the menu redrawing stuff.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:30.668 seconds]