SubjectRe: Questions about Enterprise Storage with Linux
Tom Sightler wrote:
> For example if we purchase a NetApp Filer, or EMC Celerra with 1TB of
> storage, and elect to export that entire amount as a single NFS mount, and
> then use that storage to allow several Linux boxes to share 100GB
> (admittedly temporary) files, will Linux handle that, at least in theory?

Linux/NFS works very well with Filers. I did a lot of throughput
testing at Netapp circa 2.2.10-12 with Gigabit Ethernet (AceNIC). Why
would you need to put 1TB on a single mount point?

Filers are also blessed by Oracle and can take care of the volume
management and backup issues. The principle advantage is avalibility
(balanced against cost of course). If you do talk to Netapp, ask for
someone that has linux/Filer experience.

rgds,
tim.