    SubjectRe: Kernel crash during resync of raid5 on SMP
    On Wednesday March 7, wrote:
    > I run a Dual prozessor SMP system on 2.4.2-ac12 for a while
    > in degraded mode. Today I put in a new disk to switch to
    > full raid5 mode. Shortly after the command raidhotadd the
    > system crashed with the message lost interrupt on cpu1.

    Was there an Oops? Can we see? decoded with ksymoops of course.
    Are you happy to retry? (i.e. raidsetfaulty; raidhotremove,
    raidhotadd). If so, Could you try with 2.4.2?

    Where abouts in the sync-process did it die? Start? end? middle?

    > This continued after reboot. I finaly managed to get it running again
    > by booting with kernel parameter maxcpus=1. In this one CPU mode
    > it finished resycing.
    > During this process I was never able to resync with two CPU's.
    > After finishing rescyncing the system run now fine in SMP Dual mode again.
    > Perhaps there might be an issue with spinlocks during resyncing.
    > Bye Otto

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.021 / U:11.944 seconds]